Gelusil is a sugar-free antacid and anti-gas medicine which gives relief from stomach gas and indigestion. It is available in tablet and liquid. It contains Dimethicone, Magnesium Hydroxide, Aluminum Hydroxide, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate hydrate (only in Gelusil tablet), Sorbitol solution (Only in Gelusil liquid).
- Heartburn: Also known as acid indigestion which is a burning or pain sensation in the chest. This usually happens when gastric acid from the stomach reaches the esophagus.
- Bloating: Feeling of full and tight abdomen.
- Burping: Release of gas through mouth.
- A serious allergic reaction is very rare with this medication. However immediately seek medical assistance if you develop symptoms like swelling or itching of face, tongue, throat or trouble in breathing.
- Pregnancy: It is the best policy to consult with your doctor before taking any medicine during pregnancy including Gelusil.
- Breastfeeding: The content of this medication may pass through breast milk. Consult with your doctor before using this medicine.
- This medicine is not recommended for children age less than 6 years unless it is prescribed by a doctor.
- Kidney patient or elderly patient should consult with a doctor before using this medicine.
- This medication is not recommended for long term use. It can only give short term relief from heartburn.
- Tell your doctor if you have any allergic condition before taking this medicine.
- Check with your doctor before using this medicine along with other medicine. Gelusil can affect the absorption of other medication.
- You should not take more than 12 Gelusil tablets in 24 hours or consume it more than two weeks.
Which is better Gelusil or Digene?
Both Digene or Gelusil works by neutralizing the acid in the stomach and both are having the almost same composition. The price difference between the two is also very small.
Is Gelusil safe for kidney?
It should be used with caution in a kidney patient. Consult with your doctor before using Gelusil.
How quickly does Gelusil work?
Gelusil works very fast and also gives long-lasting relief from gas or upset stomach. It should be taken 30 to 60 minutes after the meal or whenever you get the symptoms of gas or acidity.
Is Gelusil good for acidity?
Gelusil is an antacid and anti-gas medicine that can give you a symptomatic relief from gas or heartburn. But if you have persistent heartburn for more than 4 to 6 weeks than you should seek medical assistance.