Eldoper comes in capsule and suspension and contains Loperamide. It is used in a treatment of diarrhea. If you feel dizziness after taking this medicine then you should avoid driving or operating any machinery. Other brands which also contain Loperamide are – Impodium, ROKO, Megalop, Lowstrep, Lypoper, Permind, Cyperstep, Loopra, Lomid, Loprapil, Lopidus, Diarlop, Lopide, Glendoper, Lomax, Nelop, Lomofar and Lopex.
- Acute diarrhea: This type of diarrhea starts suddenly and last for a few days.
- Chronic diarrhea: This type of diarrhea last for a longer period of time and mostly associated with other diseases like irritable bowel syndrome.
- Traveler’s diarrhea: watery stool while travelling.
- Stomach pain
- Abnormal heart rhythm
- Avoid this medicine if you have a high fever or blood in the stool.
- Consult with your doctor before using this medicine if you are patient of advanced HIV/AIDS.
- Patient with liver disease and heart disease should consult with a doctor before using this medicine.
- This medicine can make you dizzy or drowsy. Avoid driving or operating any machinery.
- Avoid alcohol when you are using this medicine.
- This medicine is not recommended for baby less than 2 years.
- You should not take more than 8 capsules (16 mg) in a day or 24 hours.
How Eldoper work?
Loperamide Hydrochloride slows down the movement of your gut therefore food stays in your gut for a longer time. This enables your body to absorb water and minerals from food and makes the stool solid. However, this is just symptomatic relief.
Can I take Eldoper during pregnancy?
Eldoper tablet is not recommended to use during pregnancy. It’s possible side effect during pregnancy is not known because sufficient study inhuman have not been conducted. The best policy to follow during pregnancy is to consult your doctor before taking any kind of medicine when you are pregnant.
Can a breastfeeding mother take Eldoper?
This medicine can pass through breast milk and therefore not recommended to use when you are breastfeeding. If you have to take this medicine then breastfeeding should be stopped.