Cyclopam is used to get relief from stomach pain or menstrual pain. Cyclopam is available in tablet, suspension, drop and injection. In tablet it contains Dicyclomine and paracetamol, in suspension and drop it contains Dicyclomine and Simethicone and in injection it contains Dicyclomine.
The alternative of Cyclopam are: Colimax, Meftal-spas, Nicospas, Baralgan NU, Colicspam, Colif, Dolospas, Spasmarden, Religan, Diomine, Cyclotas, Berberal, Temfix spas, Synalgesic, Spasmorid, Spasmed, Cyclozed, Afdispas, Endospaz, Nocolic, Brenum, Aspadic, Nirspas, Cyloride, Ambrospas, Spasmogil, Spowin, Cyclop, Parafast, Spasmo Flexon, Spasmak, Maxigan D, Lupispas Plus, Somago & Spasminoll.
- Stomach Pain
- Period Pain or menstrual cramp
- Pain due to gall stone
- Pain due to blockage in the urinary tract
- Blurred vision
- Dryness in mouth
- It is not recommended to consume alcohol with Cyclopam Tablet.
- Heart patient, Kidney patient and the Liver patient must consult with doctor before using this medicine.
- Overdosing of this medicine can cause a serious side effect which may include paralysis. Keep out of reach of children.
- This medicine can cause blurred vision or sleepiness. If you feel such symptoms then you should avoid driving or operating any machinery.
- Patient on this medication might sweat less and more likely to get heatstroke. Avoid working in a hot climate if you are taking this medicine.
How does Cyclopam work?
The main ingredient available in Cyclopam is Dicyclomine Hydrochloride which work by reducing the natural movement of gut and relaxing the muscle of stomach and intestine. Cyclopam tablet also contains paracetamol which reduces pain and fever. Mefenamic acid works by inhibiting the formation of prostaglandins which causes pain & fever. Simethicone makes easy passage of gas from stomach and intestine.
Is Cyclopam safe during breastfeeding?
Cyclopam should not be used if you are breastfeeding mother. This medicine can pass through breast milk and can cause an undesirable effect on your baby. It is therefore advised to consult with your doctor if you really need to take this medicine.
Can we use Cyclopam in Pregnancy?
Dicyclomine Hydrochloride present in Cyclopam is category B drug in pregnancy. This means in general it appears to be safe in pregnancy but the best policy to follow during pregnancy is to always consult with your doctor before taking any kind of medicine.
Can Cyclopam tablet cure stomach infection?
No. Cyclopam cannot cure any kind of infection. It is a pain reliever which can give you relief from your stomach pain. The real cause of the pain should be diagnosed by your doctor and treatment should be done.
Is Cyclopam tablet is addictive?
No. Cyclopam Tablet is not a habit-forming drug.
How long does Cyclopam tablet take to show its effect?
It depends upon the severity of the pain. In general, it takes 30 to 60 mins to show its effect.
Is Cyclopam good for headache?
Cyclopam is not for headache. It is very effective in stomach pain or menstrual cramp.